About the Scholarship
The “Women on Par” Scholarship Program, provided by the LPGA Foundation, was established in 2007 by the EWGA (now LPGA Women Who Play) to provide financial assistance to “non-traditional” female students. These scholarships are intended for women, aged 30 and older, who are attending a college or university for the first time or returning to school after an absence to complete their technical/vocational, Associate, or Bachelors degree. The scholarships are designed to help these women get “on par,” or get an equal footing, with their peers, friends, and other women who have had a chance to complete their college education.
Since inception, the scholarship program has helped more than half a dozen women realize their dreams. In 2018, two (2) scholarships will be awarded: One (1) $2,000 Women On Par scholarship and one (1) $1,000 Women On Par scholarship.
The 2018 Women on Par Scholarship application period opens on January 22 and remains open until 200 applications are received, April 15 of the application year, or whichever occurs first. Applicants are not required to be LPGA Women Who Play Members, but must comply with the eligibility criteria listed below.
We have received 200 applications for the Women on Par scholarship and are closing the application for 2018. Thank you.
Eligibility and Frequently Asked Questions
- Be female.
- Be at least 30 years of age as of January 1, 2018.
- Be a United States or Canadian citizen, or legal resident.
- Pursuing a technical/vocational, Associate or Bachelors degree. Candidates must be first time applicants to school, or must be returning to school after an absence to complete a degree. If you have already obtained a Bachelor’s degree, you are ineligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Currently enrolled, or accepted to an accredited school, college or university.
- Exhibit a need for financial assistance.
- Completed application form online. Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
- Proof of current enrollment in, or acceptance to, an accredited school.
- Official transcripts from schools previously attended
- Three (3) sealed letters of reference
- Official financial documentation of your 2017 income (Form 1040 as filed with the IRS or foreign equivalent).
If you are selected to advance to Phase Two of the application process as a scholarship finalist, you must submit the following materials in order for your application to be considered: